Its important to find the right student accommodation when you are studying as a university student. You may have many questions, especially if this is the first time you have left home and none of your friends or family have rented a property before either.

I am moving to Southampton for University, when should I start looking for accommodation?

If you want to secure somewhere for the new academic year you will have more choice the earlier you start looking.

During the student rental season (December/January/February) we suggest contacting us regularly as property availability changes daily.

Contracts will be organised for 1st July.

The later you leave it the more you will struggle to find something that suits your requirements, especially if you want to share with a specific number of people, want the convenience of a property located near the university, etc.

How do I view a property that I have seen on your website?

You can call us on 02380 586838 or 02380 555132 or email us at info@homelifelettings.co.uk and we will arrange a viewing for you.

One of our staff members will be happy to arrange to meet you and arrange to show you ALL the properties which match your requirements.

What happens if I want the property?

After placing your £200 holding deposit you have 10 DAYS to complete all the paperwork and pay the remainder of the deposit and fee (paperwork includes tenancy contract, guarantor form and standing order form).

If you are a student you will usually need a Guarantor (normally a parent or guardian). If you are a professional in full time paid employment this may not be necessary depending on your credit history, income and length of time in employment.

How do I pay the rent?

Tenants are expected to have set up a standing order before they move into a rental property. However, if for any reason your circumstances change so there will not be enough money in your account to cover the standing order you must speak to us as soon as possible to let us know.

Unfortunately situations will alter, sometimes people’s employment conditions change or one of your group may decide to move out of the property for personal reasons. Whatever the reason it is important that you keep us informed so we can then help you to protect your tenancy. The last thing we want is for you to fall into arrears so please speak to one of our staff as they will be able to help you with your situation.

Who do I turn to if I have a problem?

For any problem or query please contact the office in the first instance by phone 02380 586838 or by email via our contact form. We promise to deal with any question in a timely fashion, with urgent matters (relating to your health and safety) taking top priority.

Please follow up any phoned in issues in writing via letter or email, explaining the nature of the problem and the date it was reported, so we have it recorded on file.

Whether you phone or email any issue raised will be dealt with promptly.

Are any bills included in the rent?

Bills are not included in student property rents.

When you move into the property we recommend that you contact all relevant suppliers and provide them with your details and a meter reading.

With regards to other facilities, such as internet access and sky television, we are happy for tenants to arrange these facilities to be installed as long as we receive notification beforehand. However, in accordance with the tenancy contract, tenants will be solely liable for these facilities.

When will I get my deposit back?

Your deposit, is stored securely through the government approved www.mydeposit.co.uk and will be refunded subject to the property being left in a satisfactory condition and proof that all final utility bills have been paid.