There are many advantages to using Homelife Lettings to rent out your property. However, with your flat or house a valuable asset you may still have some questions which you wish to have answered before handing over your property to our professional team. Below are a series of the most frequently asked questions by landlords but if the question below is missing please contact us and we will be happy to provide the answer for you.
Why Should I Use Homelife Lettings?
Our reputation and experience will work to benefit you:
- Homelife Lettings are members of the Southern Landlords Association and abide by their Code of Conduct
- We have over 40 years’ experience renting out property in Southampton and the surrounding suburbs.
- Our reputation, marketing strategies in Southampton and many years finding tenants properties, means we attract many potential tenants through word of mouth, as well as repeat tenants.
- We will go the extra mile for you.
What Services Are Included?
Homelife Lettings will provide you with a fully managed service for your property. However, if you only want some services rather than a fully managed service we are able to provide this option too.
Our fully managed services include:
- A tenant find service
- Marketing your property and free evaluation
- Drawing up an agreement acceptable to landlord and tenants
- Collecting the tenants deposit and securing this for landlords and tenants with mydepostis.co.uk (a government approved scheme)
- Drawing up all paperwork including an inventory when tenants move in and out of the property
- Collection of tenants rents
- Your own dedicated property manager
- Regular reports
- Property maintenance (routine and emergency 24 hour call out)
Deposits will be stored with the government approved Mydeposits.co.uk so that tenants will receive their deposits back when they terminate their rental. Should a dispute about the deposit and condition of the property occur, causing a dispute over the amount of deposit to be returned, you can involve Mydeposits who will provide free and impartial dispute resolution service, which is evidence based and is quicker and a cheaper alternative to Court.
Our trusted in-house maintenance call out team provides top quality customer service and ensures you peace of mind. It handles routine maintenance work during office hours from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and emergency work only between 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m. so you will not be bothered with calls in the middle of the night.
You will be responsible for paying for the insurance of your property’s building whilst tenants’ will be responsible for paying for their own content’s insurance.
We will regularly collect monthly rental payments from your tenants. Should they fall behind with any payments we will immediately advise you and, with your agreement, take the necessary action should the arrears continue.
We will carry out inventories and inspections on your behalf.
Homelife Lettings will also send you regular reports to you are kept up to date.
Our fees are competitive but will vary depending on which services you require from Homelife Lettings and the number of properties you want managed. We are happy to manage single properties or multiple properties.