There is a wealth of things to do in Southampton and with the culture of Winchester and the tranquillity of the New Forest nearby you will be amazed at just how much Southampton in particular has to offer.
Nightlife & Entertainment in the Southern capital
Southampton is renowned for being one of the UK’s best destinations for nightlife and entertainment with a mixture of pubs, clubs and restaurants dotted in both the centre and the outskirts of the town. If you are somebody who has recently moved to the area or is looking to do so in the not too distant future then two points of interest will stand out to you;
- Bedford Place: Located in the heart of the city centre, is a lively environment and will be one of your most visited destinations. With over 15 nightclubs and pubs in this location alone, Bedford Place provides a diverse range of top quality entertainment and caters for all in the form of different music tastes and atmospheric preferences, ensuring you a good time when on a night out with friends.
- Oxford Street: Also provides a wide variety of sophisticated wine bars, gourmet restaurants and a Casino for those that wish to participate in fine dining and fun activities.
History & Art on the coastline
Awash with historical and artistic depth, Southampton is a city steeped in heritage. There are many places around the town to visit, especially if you are interested in museums and art galleries such as;
- SeaCity Museum: This tells the story of the people of Southampton, their fascinating lives and the city’s historic connection with the sea, including the infamous Titanic.
- Solent Sky – Hall of Aviation: Dedicated to telling the incredible story of aviation in the Solent area. The museum features many of the planes that made Southampton famous, most notably the story of the Spitfire’s development in 1938 and RJ Mitchell.
- Southampton City Art Gallery: Offers something for everyone, whether you’re young or old, a lifelong fan or going to a gallery for the first time. The gallery is internationally renowned for its impressive art collection, spanning six centuries of European art history.
Shopping in Southampton
Southampton is home to one of Britain’s biggest shopping centres – WestQuay. 100 shops make up the astonishing 800,000 square foot plot, making it a breeze to find whatever you are looking for. With a further 56 shops located in the nearby Marlands Shopping Centre, together they combine to make Southampton the perfect destination for all of your shopping requirements.
Sporting points of interest
Newly promoted Premier League side Southampton Football Club play their home games at St. Mary’s Stadium, situated on the very outskirts of the City Centre. Sports fans wishing to watch premiership football at this modern 34,000 seated stadium will find it easy to get to.
Just a short drive away, in West End is the newly named ‘Ageas Bowl’ (formerly the Rose Bowl) which offers people living in Southampton and the surrounding areas the chance to watch Hampshire Cricket Club in their impressive 15,000 seated stadium. This well established venue also annually plays host to several International Test cricket matches, as well as TwentyTwenty ties.
With all this on offer and many more things left still to be discovered by you, Southampton has probably everything you could possibly want when you pursue your interests and are looking for things to do in Southampton.
When looking for a home in Southampton we are happy to let you know about more things to do in Southampton when you book a viewing with one of our staff and are trying to find out about the area. Simply call our team to discuss how we may help you find the right flat or house for your requirements.
We’ve Got Your Perfect Property
Call 023 8058 6838 today